- Make contact with client and send questionnaire
- Seek land surveyor fee proposals and send to client. Seek existing plans if available.
Begin basic site analysis prior to site visit o Look up location on Google maps/near maps o Note planning constraints: Download planning report. Check Bush Fire protection requirements. o Identify if Rescode will be assessed by planner or building surveyor- If over 500sqm, try and remain as strictly within Rescode as possible.
Meeting 1: Visit site and discuss brief. o Talk through responses to questionnaire and get an understanding of what they are looking for and any expectations they have. Get to know them and understand their lifestyle, family dynamics etc o Identify and discuss any design issues that the client may not have foreseen o Have a look at the site. Take note of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the site – views, daylight, noise etc. Take lots of photos. o Assess general neighbourhood character o Measure up existing conditions if required.
Taking the survey, Undertake further site analysis o Model existing conditions including neighbouring structures and window locations, fences, existing building to be demolished. Etc. o Add rescode setbacks- side, front and rear, and height limits to model o Identify and note any easements o Note neighbouring structures- identify habitable windows, POS – what are the overshadowing impacts? o Note any walls on boundary o Identify any significant trees and seek Arborist’s report of necessary. This includes street trees.
Meeting 1b (optional) Review and interrogate brief- workshop meeting with client if necessary o Is the client listing solutions rather than their “why?” Are there opportunities to solve their design problems in other ways?
- Start developing plans using sketches or zones.
- Workshop options with client if needed.
- Meeting 2: Present preliminary plans and massing diagrams- highlight key concepts, precedent images of general direction. Demonstrate how design relates to the site and the brief.
- Issue drawings to planner for comment
- Circulate updated plans based on feedback from planner and client
- Meeting 3: Present updated plans with façade development- plans, sections, renders, precedent images
- Seek feedback and review scheme against feedback
- Present updated plans and renders based on feedback
- Respond to feedback and make updates
- Final deliverables: 1:100 plans, sections and external renders